Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Nightmare on elm street remake


Is the next classic to be remade.It is one of my alltime favs and a movie that terrified me as a kid.I have mixed feelings on this as I usually try to go into remakes with an open mind and I'm not ashamed to admit I loved the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and I thought the Hills Have Eyes remake to be better than the original. Having said that I really think there is some room for some new and refreshing ideas into this series. I'd like to see them try to go back to the earlier NOES entries and make Freddy much more menacing and scary and less humorous and I'd love to see more backstory on how Freddy murdered all those little kids and how he became to way he is. Now if the director can find a way to incorporate all this and still stay somewhat true to the original I think it could be good. It's also up to the writers and director if they want to go the same route and have Freddy hunting his victims in their dreams and having them try to bring him back into the real world.

Official word is Samuel Bayer will direct,he directed Nirvana's Smells like Teen spirit video.It's also being made by Platinum dunes.

No comments:

Welcome

-we all go a little crazy sometimes

Ha-rawr News

About Me

My photo
see thats the problem..nothing comes to mind at the moment